So you’ve had your new septic system installed. Congratulations!
You’re doing your part for the environment, saving money, and getting extra lush gardens at home.
While your new septic tank system is fairly self-sufficient, there are certainly ways you can help guarantee its effective operation for the long term. What’s next after installation? Read on to learn more.
Your Main Responsibilities for Your Septic System
- Always use septic safe products. No chemicals – that goes for hair products, cleaning products; everything.
- Never dispose of foreign objects down the toilet; nappy liners, tampons, napkins etc. You might want to checkout our article Septic Tank Do’s & Don’t’s
- Do not exceed maximum design load or subject the system to hydraulic shock loads.
- Never switch off your power, even when on you’re on holidays.
Read Up on Your New System
We understand that it can be an information overload when going through the installation process and educating yourself on maintenance, upkeep and how your waste water system works. To help with this, we have created some handy resources to ensure you have useful information at your fingertips, ready for whenever is convenient or relevant, to learn more about your system.
- Garden Master Owner’s Manual – A comprehensive document with information on everything from pre-installation to planting in the irrigation area. Download here.
- Garden Master Handy Hints – Including helpful hints on what you can do to keep your system maintained, including what not to put in your drains, from foreign man-made objects to cleaning products; what is safe and what is not.
- Garden Master Installation Guide – If you have not yet gone through the installation. Download here.
As stated by the NSW Health Department, you are required to have your septic system serviced every three months to maintain its high-performance levels. During the service of your new septic tank, our team will conduct extensive checks and tests to ensure you get the most out of your new system. Regular maintenance is the most valuable way to ensure your system is operating optimally.
Our service company, Lochinvar Waste Water Treatment Systems, has qualified service technicians who provide complete servicing solutions for all brands of both commercial & domestic septic and wastewater systems. Services include septic system installation, pump outs and maintenance of aerated septic systems, septic tanks and absorption trenches. They can also tailor other services as required.
About Garden Master
Garden Master is committed to helping the environment through wastewater management solutions and water recycling. We provide septic system installations throughout Australia and septic tank servicing as well as waste water treatment across Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Central Coast and Sydney.
Get in touch with the team for a free quote on our aerated septic system to help you recycle waste water and do your part to save the environment. You can contact the team on 1800 632 582 or submit an enquiry online.