Most people want to cut back on their utility bills as well as make a difference to the environment. If you’ve ever lived through a drought, you have learnt the importance of saving water and how wasting water and can make a huge impact on your eco footprint. The good news is, there are plenty of ways to save water and many of them can be implemented immediately. You’ll see a difference in how much is coming out of your pocket to cover bills and you’ll feel better about building a sustainable future for yourself and generations to come.
Here are a few water saving ideas to consider:
Don’t Underestimate the Small Changes
You might think the only way to save water is to implement big changes but often it’s the smallest habits that add up to make a big contribution to your water usage. Change what you do little by little and you’ll notice the difference.
You can do things like:
- Take shorter showers
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth
- Wash your car with a bucket
- Only run your washing machine and dishwasher when they are full
- Use a watering can for your garden instead of a hose
- Check and fix any leaking taps
Get Serious about Reducing Water Usage
All of the things above will make a difference to your bill, but if you’re really serious about becoming water wise, you might consider:
- Investing in water efficient products: Water saving devices on shower heads and water efficient washing machines can greatly impact how much water you use each day.
- Install a waste water treatment system: Thousands of litres can be wasted when using a watering hose for your garden. An efficient waste water system will recycle all your waste water back into your garden, which will save you a huge amount of money as well as be beneficial to the environment. This will make the greatest positive impact on your water usage.
Believe in the Garden Master Solution
At Garden Master, we believe in the environmentally friendly water saving solutions that we provide. Operating across commercial and domestic properties, our waste water and septic systems can reduce your bills and protect the environment. Rather than relying on rainfall, our systems harness the water that you already use to reduce water usage in Australia and around the world.
Operating across the Hunter Valley, Central Coast and Greater NSW, we have more than 30 years of experience. Trust us to provide you with the best wastewater treatment products and services available. We’re available 7 days a week and you can contact us right now to find out more!